ADVERSE WEATHER PROCEDURES – DECEMBER 2022
SNOW and Emergency Closures!
Just to confirm our arrangements for closure - should we need them.
When inclement weather conditions occur, decisions in respect of health and safety and whether or not school can remain open, will be made as quickly as possible. Please see below the actions we will take:
· If school is closed due to bad weather, we will send a text to all parents. Please ensure we have the correct number for you.
· You can check our school Facebook page. Updates to the page are also done throughout the day.
· You can listen to Radio Lancashire. We only contact them if we are closed. They broadcast school closures in the morning.
· You can visit the Lancashire County Council site: www.lancashire.gov.uk/education/schoolclosures
If snow starts to fall heavily during the school day, and conditions deteriorate, we may close school early. Here are our procedures:
Our first step would be to text parents.
· We would publish the early closure on our school website and on our Facebook page.
· We then contact Radio Lancashire who will broadcast an early closure.
· If arrangements can’t be made for a child to be collected early, please be assured we will keep children safely in school until 3.05pm and will not release ANY child on their own.
We ask you to check your contact numbers are up-to-date.
· Listen to Radio Lancashire for news of closure (95.5, 103.9, 104.5 FM)
· Check our school website/Facebook regularly, if possible
· Please watch the weather forecasts and allow additional time to travel to school
· Try to group together as parents to pass information round quickly
We will do our very best to open during any snowfall, and we ask you to do your very best to get your children here. We will not routinely authorise any absences during adverse weather if parents live within walking distance.
Tel 01254 381875