ADVERSE WEATHER PROCEDURES – DECEMBER 2019
If snow is forecast during the coming weeks, here is a quick reminder of our procedures:
- If school is closed due to bad weather, we will send a text to all parents. Please ensure we have the correct number for you. We will also update our Facebook page.
- You may telephone the school in the morning to confirm if we are open.
Tel 01254 381875
- You can check our website after 8am. Updates to the site are also done throughout the day.
- You can listen to Radio Lancashire. We only contact them if we are closed. They broadcast school closures in the morning.
- You can visit the Lancashire County Council site: lancashire.gov.uk/education/school_closures
If snow starts to fall heavily during the school day, and conditions deteriorate, we may close school early. Here are our procedures:
Our first step would be to text parents.
- We would publish the early closure on our school website and on our Facebook page.
- We then contact Radio Lancashire who will broadcast an early closure.
- If arrangements can’t be made for a child to be collected early, please be assured we will keep children safely in school until 3.30pm and will not release ANY child on their own.
We ask you to check your contact numbers are up-to-date.
- Listen to Radio Lancashire for news of closure (95.5, 103.9, 104.5 FM)
- Check our school website/Facebook regularly, if possible
- Keep your eye out on the weather during the school day
- Try to group together as parents to pass information round quickly
We will do our very best to open during any snowfall, and we ask you to do your very best to get your children here. We will not routinely authorise any absences during adverse weather if parents live within walking distance.
Tel 01254 381875